Introduction

Late February of 2012 Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma Cancer. This is written for our family and friends who have so caringly expressed a desire to know of the current situation. We so appreciate the love and support that has been shown to us and we lovingly empathize with and pray for many of you that have had or are currently going through trials of your own. In love, hope and faith, Mark and Ane

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

King Hezekiah - by Ane


This morning Mark wanted to read the account of King Hezekiah and the Assyrian army in 2 Kings 19.  He is studying faith and how to tap into that power.  I went to chapter 19 and this line in verse 6 stood out to me: “Thus saith the Lord, Be not afraid of the words which thou hast heard…”  Today we will be hearing the results of the needle biopsy.  We are more concerned about the results of the PET scan which was done yesterday as it could show more areas that the cancer could have spread to.

After reading chapter 19 I noticed chapter 20 and read the first 11 verses.  Hezekiah was sick unto death.  Isaiah told him to get his house in order because he was going to die.  Hezekiah prayed to the Lord saying, “I beseech thee, O Lord, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight.  And Hezekiah wept sore.”  Before Isaiah left the court the Lord told him to return to Hezekiah and tell him, “I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears; behold, I will heal thee…thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord.  And I will add unto thy days fifteen years:” Isaiah told him to take a lump of figs and they laid in on the boil, and Hezekiah recovered.

We would take 15 more years!  We will do whatever the Lord asks us to do.  I know Mark has walked in truth with a desire for a perfect heart and done much good in the sight of the Lord.  I pray that he will be healed.  I am going to ask for at least an extension!

No comments:

Post a Comment