Introduction

Late February of 2012 Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma Cancer. This is written for our family and friends who have so caringly expressed a desire to know of the current situation. We so appreciate the love and support that has been shown to us and we lovingly empathize with and pray for many of you that have had or are currently going through trials of your own. In love, hope and faith, Mark and Ane

Friday, March 9, 2012

Brain & Heart MRI - by Mark


Last night we did the MRI.  For someone that is somewhat claustrophobic I would not recommend it.  Nevertheless, with the aid of some Vicodin and a bit of self-talk and prayer I made it through.  Most of the time it was quite comfortable with closed eyes and peaceful thoughts. About three quarters of the way through the heart scan which took about an hour and a half my arms were hurting.  I had put them over my head thinking it might help with the claustrophobia but they were not used to that position and were starting to hurt which lead to claustrophobic thoughts because I could not move them to stop the hurt. I was trapped. I mentioned it to the tech but he was of the mode to just keep going and encourage me more.  Just at that time they were putting in the contrast through the intravenous connection and it seemed to them to not be working right so they pulled me out, checked the IV and all was fine. Yeah! I got to put my aching arms down and felt much much better!  Another tender mercy of the Lord!  They were moving fast through the last part but I was very peaceful and comfortable with my arms by my side even though I was tightly squished in the tube with the top of the tube only a few inches from my eyes.  How thankful I am to Father for the help and peace!!

Today my Doctor called with news that the tumor in the heart was not blocking the flow of blood but was slightly effecting one of the valves so that there was a bit of backwash but not too much.

My brain is cancer free!!  Yahoo. Maybe ‘cause there is not much up there to grow in:-))

It still feels surreal.  Like we are in someone else’s life or somewhere else and we should wake up sometime soon.  This is not what I have been thinking of or wanting for my life.  I know Father knows best and I love him and trust him.

 
 Waiting for the MRI - cute outfit, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment