Introduction

Late February of 2012 Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma Cancer. This is written for our family and friends who have so caringly expressed a desire to know of the current situation. We so appreciate the love and support that has been shown to us and we lovingly empathize with and pray for many of you that have had or are currently going through trials of your own. In love, hope and faith, Mark and Ane

Thursday, March 15, 2012

BRAF mutation - by Ane


Mark & I are in the air heading to LAX on to Miami and arriving in Quito, Ecuador around 11:00 pm this evening.  Tomorrow we will fly from Quito to Cuenca where we will meet Rachel.  

The past week I’ve also thought about the scriptures of Hezekiah being given an extra 15 years.  I decided that I needed to ask for an extension of time for Mark.  I feel that there are some events and experiences that he needs to be a part of.  Rachel’s wedding is one (and there are no current plans!).  I also want us to have some delightful family vacations, as well as the opportunity to go on this trip to Israel. Last week I prayed diligently for an extension.  We went to the temple on Saturday. Throughout my time there I prayed for my desire and felt by the time we left that it would be granted.  

On Sunday, the 11th, Eric & Tyler joined Mark as he gave me a blessing. One of the most exciting things to me was that I was told that Mark’s time would be extended!  That was a confirmation of what I had felt earlier.  I have been hanging onto the hope that he would have the BRAF mutation that would allow him to take Zelboraf which has been quite effective in shrinking tumors.

Before we left for the airport yesterday Dr. Urba called with the exciting news that Mark does indeed have the BRAF mutation!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment