Introduction

Late February of 2012 Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma Cancer. This is written for our family and friends who have so caringly expressed a desire to know of the current situation. We so appreciate the love and support that has been shown to us and we lovingly empathize with and pray for many of you that have had or are currently going through trials of your own. In love, hope and faith, Mark and Ane

Friday, February 11, 2022

Celebrating Mark's Life

These past several years have been an emotional journey. There have been many miracles and many struggles. These last few weeks have been especially difficult watching Mark suffer, but now we know he's at peace. On Wednesday, February 9th, after his decade-long battle with cancer, Mark passed away.

Mark was the love of my life, my eternal companion and best friend. It has been difficult, but I am so grateful for the knowledge that we will be together again. I imagine he’s busy reconnecting with those who have gone before and surrounded by those who loved him very much. 

To honor Mark’s life and memory, a public viewing will be held from 6:30 - 8:00 pm on Friday, February 18th. The funeral service will be held at 11:00 am on Saturday the 19th. The viewing and funeral will be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (14903 Westlake Dr, Lake Oswego, OR 97035 ). All are welcome to attend. There will also be a broadcast link available for those who would like to watch virtually:

 http://mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org/lakeoswegooregonstake

A Remembering Mark webpage has also been created at precoa.com/mark. We would appreciate it if you would share your memories of Mark through this page.

We appreciate ALL of the love and support we have received over the last 10+ years. You all have been amazing, and I couldn’t be more grateful to call you my friends. 

Ane 

9 comments:

  1. Praying for comfort to you and your family. Mark was an incredible person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At a particularly difficult part of my life shortly after Mark’s diagnosis he said test the Refiner’s fire is so incredibly hot to rid precious metals of all imperfections. I’ve never forgotten his sweet peaceful voice helping me through that fire. I’m sure he is as free of imperfection as a human could be🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ane, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Yet it also sounds so right and so peaceful. I've read all the entries and have been inspired by the way you fought the good fight. We have such wonderful memories of our times together in the Black Hills! Our time together was too short, but so meaningful! Len and I will be praying for you and we send much love and big hugs... Maggie & Len

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both you and Mark were/are an inspiration to me of righteoysness, valiance, honor, loyalty, kindness, love, industry, compassion, friendship and so many more things. I love you both. I pray the Comforter to help you and all Mark's loved ones to get through this very painful loss until you meet again. All my Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is broken. But also rejoices that I had the great fortune of knowing Mark. There is a hole in the Universe. My love to you and the family.

    Shelley Macgill
    Shelley MacGill

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Mark have always been such beautiful examples of what marriage should look like. The manner in which you lived your lives, loved others, served others and adored each other was a privilege to witness. We watched you live by the Spirit as uplifting examples of what revelation can be like our lives. Ane, your devotion to Mark in his darkest hours is a tribute to that love. Our hearts are broken for you for the loss you are feeling and we rejoice in your knowing that you will be together again. Sending love and prayers for all of your family. Thank you for the link to to his service. We will be wathcing and crying along with the hundreds and hundreds who will be doing the same in person or far away. That is the immense influence Mark had in his life... countless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ane, I am so sorry for your sorrow at Mark’s passing. I remember Mark’s kindness, love and support he always gave you. How grateful to know he is not suffering and is at peace with God. I send my prayers for your family. May peace fill your hearts each day.
    A friend Goldie Burton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ane, My heart and prayers go out to you at this difficult time of loss. May you feel God's loving embrace and may it give you strength. Yours and Marks life is a love story. A story of great faith, of unshakeable hope and of great love. A love for the King of Kings, a love for one another, a love for family and friends. I'm grateful that I got to know you and Mark all the more, through the book you wrote together. I have shared your story with many that needed encouragement, guidance and hope.
    May God Bless you and Keep You!
    Lucy LeVine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your loving words. They give me strength and I feel buoyed up with loving support.
    With love and appreciation,
    Ane

    ReplyDelete