Introduction

Late February of 2012 Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma Cancer. This is written for our family and friends who have so caringly expressed a desire to know of the current situation. We so appreciate the love and support that has been shown to us and we lovingly empathize with and pray for many of you that have had or are currently going through trials of your own. In love, hope and faith, Mark and Ane

Friday, August 6, 2021

All Better Now?

...Well, as long as I stay on the Hydrocodone, it generally is. The pain is manageable, I can only sleep in one position, but that one works. The pain around the stent has subsided, the other, which we think is radiation pain, is about the same, but moves and changes up—it is the weirdest pain. 

This week has been amazing. We are preparing to have 150-200 single adults from our church - area-wide, age 31-45ish, in our backyard for a Saturday evening fun-filled event and dinner. As a result, I have had several projects on my to-do list for months, with no energy to do them. Then, out of the blue, this week I have had plenty of energy, and with the pain meds, I have been good to go. 

You know how typically, when you start a project,  you think it will go a certain way, and then stuff happens, and it takes longer and is harder than you thought? Well, this week was just the opposite. Ideas came and things worked out and everything was easier and more fun than we thought. It was awesome! I think we had help from heaven. Between my dramatic increase in enegry, things just working out, and people showing up to help, it has all come together. I think all of your good thoughts and prayers have brought about a miracle. So, here I am the day before the event, all is ready, and I have time to write this blog post!

Thank you all! We love you and wish the very best for you!

Next steps: PET scan on the 16th, Doctor appintment on the 19th, Keytruda infusions every three weeks, and the next stent removal or exchange on the 20th of September!

1 comment:

  1. God is good! Praise Him. So happy to hear your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete