Introduction

Late February of 2012 Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma Cancer. This is written for our family and friends who have so caringly expressed a desire to know of the current situation. We so appreciate the love and support that has been shown to us and we lovingly empathize with and pray for many of you that have had or are currently going through trials of your own. In love, hope and faith, Mark and Ane

Friday, March 29, 2019

Amazingly Fast

Saturday the 23rd I flew home instead of going on a cruise with my granddaughters, Katie and Aimee, because the cancer pain was so great. The prior week had gone from Tylenol to Vicodin with several sleep deprived nights due to increased pain. Friday night I couldn't sleep through the night even with two Vicodin every 6 hours. Saturday on the flight home I was feeling so much pain after only 4 hours of Vicodin that I could not sit still but had to walk around the plane.

Tyler and Kelsey kindly met me at the airport with our van and a pad in the back so that I could lay down on the way home. When we got home the Tafinlar was there. I took my first two pills at about 8 PM and a couple of hours later went to bed. I awoke at about 1:30 am and remembered that I should have taken my Vicodin at 11 pm, but I didn't feel that bad so I went back to sleep, awoke again at 2:30 and took them just so I would sleep through the rest of the night, pain free. Those were the last pain pills I needed. The pain was gone within hours!!! Sunday I was a bit fatigued but pain free.

The rest of the week I have felt only moments of very mild pain and have increased in energy and clarity. As bad as the week was last week this week has been equally wonderful and progressively better with an amazingly quick start! We have used these drugs before (Tafinlar and Mekinist) but I was totally amazed at how quickly the pain went away.

We will meet with Dr. Urba Monday to determine next steps and a longer term strategy.

Thank you again for your care, concern and faithful prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark and Ane,

    I worked at Precoa when you first were diagnosed. All of these years later, I have followed your blog, as you have been put on my heart. My heart has always been filled with concern and joy in watching the Lord work in your healing. Your testimony is so filled with hope.

    I want you both to know that I am praying faithfully for complete healing. Our God is the Great Physician and I am one of your prayer warriors!

    In His Care,
    Jan Frost

    ReplyDelete