Introduction

Late February of 2012 Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma Cancer. This is written for our family and friends who have so caringly expressed a desire to know of the current situation. We so appreciate the love and support that has been shown to us and we lovingly empathize with and pray for many of you that have had or are currently going through trials of your own. In love, hope and faith, Mark and Ane

Friday, July 5, 2013

Our 35th is Today! - by Ane

Today Mark & I celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary!  It has been a most joyful day – lunch with friends, an afternoon movie, and dinner at Paley’s Place in Portland.  At some point last year I had a feeling that Mark would be here to celebrate this anniversary and I wrote it in my journal.  When it was I didn’t remember, but I wanted to find it. I went to my journal, but where to look I did not know.   April 1, 2012 looked like a good place to start.  About half way down I saw these words that I had penned:

“This morning as I was awaking I was thinking about the extension I had prayed for.  There was a sweet feeling that we may be able to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary which would be a year from this July, and that we would go to Ireland.  That would be awesome!!!”

It is awesome!  Not only did we get today, but we also will be going on a Mediterranean cruise the end of July, and from there we will spend a week in Ireland.  Mark’s great, great, great grandparents, Edward & Francis Hornibrook were married at Christ Church Kilbrogen, Bandon, County Cork, Ireland.  We will visit the church which is now a museum as well as the adjoining cemetery where their parents were buried.  Edward & Francis immigrated to Canada in 1826.  Going to County Cork has been a dream for many years, and this August it will become a reality. So many blessings fill our lives, and our hearts are full to the brim with gratitude. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ane and Mark,

    One day I was curious to see where some of my Bateville friends ended up after all these years and I ran across your blog. Congratulations on your 35th! That's an incredible milestone, especially with all of the challenges the two of you have faced over the last couple of years. Glad to hear things are currently going well. All the best to you and your family.

    ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete